Faversham and our parish is home to the National Shrine of St Jude. The Shrine is located in an annex to the parish church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel at Faversham. The development of Faversham into a centre of devotion to St. Jude arose out of the work of the Carmelite Press. The Press was founded in 1938 to print materials sent out to clients who, by their donations, supported the work of the Carmelite friars, then only recently re-established in England after a gap of four hundred years. The Press also printed a newsletter, Carmelite News, which kept supporters of the friars in touch with their developments at Faversham and across the country. Carmelite News became an important communication link between the Order and its supporters.